So I was dumb and hooked up a hack together POE injector backwards to the radio. Fried the RJ-45 connector. So I got the soldering iron out and removed the offending connector. This is the first time I’ve done this properly so of course I lifted a solder pad and severed its trace. No worries! The trace connects to a leg on the magnetics IC, so I used a jumper wire to connect Pin2 of the RJ-45 connector to its corresponding Pin6 on the magnetics IC. Here are the pics:
The donor card. Poor intel 10/100.
So my boss handed me this project. My mission was to rebuild the once-serviceable point-to-point wifi link between two buildings on property. It’s original purpose was to provide the Comcast Business connection that existed inside a construction trailer, to a house. There was 1600 ft between the two. Now, the construction trailer has been moved, the house no longer needs any sort of networking, the trailer no longer has Comcast, and we need networking at the trailer again. I had our maintenance team take the panel antenna off the house so I could mount it to our main building. I used a J-pole from an old satellite dish, clamped to a girder in the 3rd floor “warehouse” type area. This pointed the panel out a frosted glass window directly at the trailer. The panel on the trailer needed to be re-pointed at the building, but it was screwed to a wood post, not clamped to a pole. So I had to use some shims and longer lag bolts to point it in the right direction. After some adjustments, it was in the correct position. Next order of business was to re-terminate the coax cables running from the panel antenna down into the trailer to the power injector. They had been mistakenly cut when the trailer was moved. Workers probably thought it was related to the Comcast connection. I will have to get some pictures of the upstairs installation, but these can hold you over for now.